Thursday, December 28, 2006

The note on my door

The problem is, I actually have two doors -- one for each of my two offices, in each of my two departments on the UW-Madison campus -- so leaving the friendly note saying "I'm over in the library" or "I'm on a sailing vacation in Tortuga" or "Please don't bother me I'm finishing the last chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is kind of difficult for me. I already have a serious, topic-oriented weblog dealing with my research interests, called Uncovering Information Labor, so this weblog will be a more casual and chatty vehicle for letting friends know what I'm up to on an occasional basis. Students may find it interesting as a firsthand glimpse into the thoroughly exciting life of a modern-day university professor, to be sure. But for the most part, this little blog is just a way to leave a friendly note on my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment