Monday, May 14, 2007

Not only is this finals week, it's also "Bike to Work Week." (Personally, I think it should be called, "Bike, Walk, Run, Skate, Razor, Canoe, or Bus to Work Week," but what do I know.) I'm an advocate for both human-powered transportation and urban environments which encourage such transport. Although I am proud to say that I choose to either bike or bus to work every day, the most important sustainable transport choice I have made (and was privileged enough to make) was actually to select a residence within easy biking and busing distance of my work site in the first place. To all of my students who may be graduating this semester, I'd encourage you to think about making similar sustainable residential choices as you venture out into the world.


Photo: Greg's bug bike (note extended frame for carrying beer and children).

No comments:

Post a Comment