Monday, September 24, 2007

This week I'll be participating in a small conference at the University of Utah entitled "Frontiers of New Media: Historical and Cultural Explorations of Region, Identity, and Power in the Development of New Communications Technologies". The work I'll be presenting is soon to be published as "The librarian and the Univac: Automation and labor at the 1962 Seattle World's Fair," in C. McKercher and V. Mosco, eds., Knowledge workers in the information society (Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, forthcoming 2007). I'm excited that I was invited to contribute to this event and eager to meet both the folks on site in Salt Lake City and the other scheduled speakers.

1 comment:

  1. Greg, your research presentation was terrific and brought forth many interesting questions. The comment that Jonathan made about the idea of 'librarian as interface' made me think about Light's "When Computers Were Women." My sister is the State Law Librarian here, and I'm going to tell her about your work. It was great to meet you this weekend! - Cassandra

    ReplyDelete